Updated 26 November 2018
As with any business, when it comes to having to choose a transcription service provider can be a daunting task. There are so many aspects to consider and, most importantly, you need to be assured that you are choosing the right company. Here are our 8 steps to choosing a transcription service provider that best suits your needs.
- Consider your most important need – identify the most important aspect of your transcript. Is it a deadline, quality, industry experience or confidentiality? Once you’ve identified this critical factor, make sure this guides your decision-making process.
- Do your research –do some research on potential service providers. Do they have the ability to meet your needs?
- Ask questions – if, for example, your most critical aspect is the deadline, find out about their capacity. If industry experience is essential, ask about current clients that are in the same industry as you.
- Request a client list – a stellar, reputable client list is often an indicator that the service provider is able to deliver good quality transcripts.
- Request client testimonials – this should help you make a decision based on your core need/s.
- Ask for a short transcript sample of your file – this is an excellent way of assessing a service providers capabilities.
- Make sure processes are clear and concise – when dealing with a service provider; consider whether they are clear and concise in the processes that need to be followed. This can save you an enormous amount of time.
- Check that the upload procedure is easy and secure – the actual uploading process can sometimes be a cumbersome affair. Avoid this time eating step by confirming that the upload procedure is simple and secure.
Once you’ve worked your way through these 8 steps, you should have a good idea as to whether you are choosing the right transcription service provider or not.